Friday 15 November 2013

Cycle #2

Hi peeps,

a couple of weeks after the events of my last post, I find myself in a similar situation. Very similar, in fact; I'm a few days into a carb-oriented week after another 2 weeks of keto (up to 20g carbohydrate/day).


I'm getting pretty skinny and probably going to be hitting the gym soon to see what kind of results I can get. I had a 5km personal best of 24:04 last week, which I'm quite proud of, but I feel it's time to balance my focus on running with some attention to other things.


It's not easy for everyone
My other half gave LCHF a try this week and, after a couple of sleepy days, started throwing up and had to switch back to normal. My guess is that we took for granted the sheer quantity of food I tend to eat, which she has never been able to match. Being a meat-eater, she took full advantage of the LCHF ratios and started having breakfasts of 3/4 eggs combined with a couple of rashers of bacon and a couple of hundred g of cheese.
In the words of Cypher: (s)He's gonna pop.


Ill
This week I've managed to contract some kind of pesky flu-like illness, basically removing my ability to perform aerobically, and visit the gym. Today it seems to finally be letting up, as will be tested tomorrow at the weekly 5km I take part in. I doubt I'll be getting any PB, but after this week, I'll be happy enough to just finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment